Our safe corner:-)

Introduce yourself

queennadine

Re: Introduce yourself

Post  queennadine on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi Lindsay! Welcome!

I havn't even looked at the new thread on tpf again...there's no point.

I think it's funny how most of us seem to be more into animals! I get a lot of flack for it on a daily basis, but it's how I've always been!

I remember watching movies as a child and if 100 people got killed couldn't care less, but the first horse or dog that died made me hysterical! Maybe I'm strange? I don't know! lol

Anyway, one of our family members had their daughters pre-k graduation tonight...and I couldn't stomach going. All of these parents oooooing and aaaaaing over their 4-5 year olds who completed the easiest and most basic task of their lives? No thanks.
    lily25

Post  lily25 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 am

Lindsay, your cat must be the cutest I've ever seen! What a Face

Here is a funny story from last night. Hubby comes back from walking the dog, and he is all excited and bounce . He tells me all about the dogs they met etc, how our dog is the funniest alive, how he has a new little friend (a 2 months old Frenchie Bulldog), and how he wants to have another dog. I tell him "Sure we can have another SMALL dog if you like" and he was beaming like that sunny .

After 1 min he comes back and asks me: "Am I a terrible person I like dogs more than babies?", needless to say I was ROFL, I think he should join this forum too lol!

My husbands family however is an entirely different story. They are all about the baby pushing agenda.

Just ignore them, I know it is difficult but you can do it. Or you can always lie shamelessly clown . I 'm always saying "Oh sure, as soon as we get a new home/car/refrigerator/ceiling fan get back from our trip/super market/add whatever comes to mind, we will reproduce immediately!"

I expect no less from a mod who has "mama" in her username.

Laughing lol!
    Grace123

Post  Grace123 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:50 am

Sharona wrote:
    Natalia wrote:
    Swanky made sure that its not there anymore What a Face

I expect no less from a mod who has "mama" in her username.

Sharona, feeling a little snarky.

ROFL cheers
    doreenjoy

Post  doreenjoy on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Welcome Lindsay!

On the in laws topic -- in my situation it was my own family pushing the babies. Long time Italian Roman Catholics, thought having HUGE families was the way things ought to be. As soon as I got married at 20 they started in on "when are you going to have kids?" Finally I got fed up and said, with a look of pained suffering: "Well...who are we to question God's will?" That shut them up fast. I think word got around that I wasn't able to have kids because they were all tiptoeing around the subject from then on.
    doreenjoy

Post  doreenjoy on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Natalia wrote:
    doreenjoy wrote:I think we'll be OK with this forum even if it can be Googled. I doubt that we will pull members from that other forum. Frankly I'm surprised more people didn't PM you about getting onto a safe place, Nat.

Still waiting for Irene and Crystalina to move from Yahoo group, and two more gals from the forum wanted to join as well Very Happy

I know Swanky edited my post, so the info about it is gone. If you can think of anyone that would want to join just let me know.

How about BookerMoose? I don't remember who else was posting there.
    Natalia

Post  Natalia on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:12 am

lmkhlh wrote:I'm Lindsay, I'm 28 and live in Northern California. I have said that I didn't want kids since I was about 13 years old and babysat my parent's neighbors 3 little boys. I watched a lot of arguments occur between the couple that I babysat for and almost all of them were centered around their kids. I noticed as I got older that it seemed like most of the arguments I saw or heard about from couples I knew were centered around kids. That alone is enough to make me not want kids, I love my husband and the way our life is. I don't foresee us ever having children and my family knows me well enough to know that if I say I'm, not having kids then there is no point in pushing the topic. My husbands family however is an entirely different story. They are all about the baby pushing agenda. Okay I think I will stop rambling now...oh yeah I am also a huge sucker for any furry 4 legged critter.

Hello sweetie...and please ramble away, thats what this place is for Wink and post pics of your critter, there can never be enough pics of pets here!
    lmkhlh

Post  lmkhlh on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:16 am

lily25 wrote:Lindsay, your cat must be the cutest I've ever seen! What a Face

Thanks, he's one of the kitties that I grew up with, my parents have had him for about 14 years. His name is Alpine and he's a spritely young 17 years.
    lily25

Post  lily25 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:03 am

It's getting a little slow here Sad , I hope everyone is doing great and to see more of you posting, ok?? Smile
    boomie

Post  boomie on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Hello ladies!!
    lily25

Post  lily25 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:48 am

Hey boomie welcome!!!
    boomie

Post  boomie on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 pm

How funny is it that our avatars all have pets?? Coincidence? I think not!
    lily25

Post  lily25 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:33 am

It's not a coincidence, I think most ppl that are NKOHK love animals and are more conscious of matters like the environment, animal and human rights etc.
    Natalia

Post  Natalia on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:10 pm

lily25 wrote:It's getting a little slow here Sad , I hope everyone is doing great and to see more of you posting, ok?? Smile

aaargh I am sorry for not being around, I will be better I promise!

Its an extremely busy time for work and I have been having some health issues too...plus the time of the year comes when we will have SO´s son living with us for 3 weeks in a row instead of just one week...and I didnt manage to get holidays then....I have to brace myself and at least plan the weekends away pirat
    renie

Post  renie on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:02 am

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm 27 and married my 32yr old husband in October. We have a 5 year old cat, Sonny The Cat, that we rescued. He has personality problems and is moody but we love him anyway. We're currently house hunting and enjoying what life has to offer, childless!

I have many reasons for not having kids, my family, his family, the state of the world, I've worked hard to lose & keep weight off and I just don't feel any maternal instinct. Those are just the major reasons. I have many more 'selfish' reasons but I think the most important one is that I just don't 'feel' like I want any kids.
    Sharona

Post  Sharona on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 am

Welcome renie! It's always great to see a new face here!
    Natalia

Post  Natalia on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:56 pm

aaah another pet lover, cool cat ! welcome hun, how about more pics of your furry baby? I wish I had enough money to just stay home and spend all day with at least 10 pets Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:34 pm