NKOHK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our safe corner:-)

5 posters

Hello Fellow Kid Free People!

Admin
    Admin

Hello Fellow Kid Free People! Empty Hello Fellow Kid Free People!

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 am

I'm Grace123 on TPF, I had this Yahoo account set up way before I joined
    TPF..hope its not too confusing.

Mrs. MC and her diatribe against dogs did it for me today. I made a few posts
    and that's it. Those people can bite me.
    Admin
    Admin

Hello Fellow Kid Free People! Empty Re: Hello Fellow Kid Free People!

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 am

Hi Grace123! Good to see you here.

I'm glad I stopped reading the thread yesterday. The constant need to defend the thread's existence was really getting to me, and the sanctimonious "you poor dears, we mothers have it ALL" tone of a few recent posts were my last straw.

I had lunch today with a good friend whose children are all adults and fortunately she doesn't wax poetic about her grandchildren. It was great.

Cheers,
    Doreen Joy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:03 am

The stuff that lady is saying is just ridiculous. I don't understand how a
    person choosing to not have kids makes them, anti-social, angry and whatever
    other garbage she is saying.

lmkhlh
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:06 am

Hello ladies ! :-)

so cool you are here !

I dont understand it either, lmk . I seriously start suspecting that all those
    mothers earths who are drown to our thread like moths to the flame must be
    really jealous of our free time and income and resentful for the situation they
    are in for one reason or the other. I dont know how else to explain it.

Natalia
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:07 am

OMG I was dying laughing reading her 'anti-social' behavior crap! What's next?
    We're psychopaths? Paranoid Schizo's with homicidal tendencies? Where does she
    get this stuff? Honestly, I've yet to meet a true animal lover who's as big a
    nutjob as a lot of parents out there. I mean where do they think serial killers
    come from??? Most of them were raised by Mommmie Dearest, like it or not. hehehe

Grace123
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:07 am

Exactly, the way I see it I love my cat, you love your kid, great, live and let
    live. But no, most parents are personally offended if somebody isnt ecstatic
    about their spawn or doesnt follow their way of life..the only right one of
    course *rolls eyes*

Natalia
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:08 am

Personally the anti pet and pro kid posts made me very angry , maybe because I'm
    a vegan. I do not consider dogs to be lesser beings than humans. This is the
    type of thinking that causes many problems in our world.

Lily25
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 am

Admin wrote:Personally the anti pet and pro kid posts made me very angry , maybe because I'm
    a vegan. I do not consider dogs to be lesser beings than humans. This is the
    type of thinking that causes many problems in our world.

Lily25

I actually value animals much more than humans quite often I must say. Maybe their " so called " intelligence is lower than human, but I will take it any day over deceit, lies, cheating, cruelty and all other fantastic attributes of our "higher" species...
    lily25
    lily25

Post  lily25 Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Natalia wrote: Maybe their " so called " intelligence is lower than human, but I will take it any day over deceit, lies, cheating, cruelty and all other fantastic attributes of our "higher" species...

let's not forget that animals like dogs have high emotional intelligence, in many cases higher than humans. My dog will understand how I feel and will accommodate me immediately without me saying a word. I don't know many humans that would do that.
    The lack of empathy is a characteristic evident in many ppl, as we clearly witnessed in previous conversations, many breeders that are "blessed" , "selfless", "understand love, pain, family and responsibility" better than us, however they don't have an ounce of empathy to our feelings. I guess all this bonding they have to do with their kids all day long, must cause them great empathy deficiency.
    doreenjoy
    doreenjoy

Post  doreenjoy Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 pm

I read a line in a book that really made me think. A man had lost his wife of 50+ years, and the author wrote: "They were close as only a childless couple can be."

I thought that was an interesting perspective, and I agree with it. Without kids, we are more able to focus on each other and build a life centered on ourselves, not on our kids.
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 am

doreenjoy wrote:I read a line in a book that really made me think. A man had lost his wife of 50+ years, and the author wrote: "They were close as only a childless couple can be."

I thought that was an interesting perspective, and I agree with it. Without kids, we are more able to focus on each other and build a life centered on ourselves, not on our kids.

doreen, would you remember what book was that?

I agree as well. My SO´s son lives with us every second week and by the end of each of those weeks I miss my SO as if he was away. With homework, shopping, extra cooking ( we sometimes eat dinners at work if it is our week, so no need to cook then), little dramas and just basically time he needs to spend with the kid there is simply no time to look after our relationship. My friend from work has 2 kids and if she gets a weekend or day with her husband on their own to just be together and enjoy it every 3 months, she feels lucky. i couldnt live like that.
    lily25
    lily25

Post  lily25 Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:44 am

I let my niece have slumber parties in our apt, because she has 2 older brothers that love to tease her and her friends. As much I love my niece, the whole group of needy kids makes me want to stock on condoms. They are nice kids in general, but they are too much work. I could never deal with children in daily basis.

As for childless couples. My god mother has no kids, because she had her ovaries removed when she was young due to cancer. She was having an affair with a married man at the time. After about a decade or so, she married that man and they are together since. He had 2 sons from his previous marriage, and I don't think he was happy with his previous family. That's why he cheated in the first place, and I guess that's why they are happy now, my god mother and her husband. No kids.
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:14 am

lily25 wrote:I let my niece have slumber parties in our apt, because she has 2 older brothers that love to tease her and her friends. As much I love my niece, the whole group of needy kids makes me want to stock on condoms. They are nice kids in general, but they are too much work. I could never deal with children in daily basis.

As for childless couples. My god mother has no kids, because she had her ovaries removed when she was young due to cancer. She was having an affair with a married man at the time. After about a decade or so, she married that man and they are together since. He had 2 sons from his previous marriage, and I don't think he was happy with his previous family. That's why he cheated in the first place, and I guess that's why they are happy now, my god mother and her husband. No kids.

One part of me wishes that my SO was like many other men who are perfectly happy seeing their offspring twice a year, but i must say in a way I am quite content that he is so attached to his kid - not really sure why LOL
    boomie
    boomie

Post  boomie Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:31 pm

There's a couple ladies over there I stay faaaaaaaaaaar away from now. It makes me sad, but, in any other forum people would have thought they were trolls!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm