NKOHK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our safe corner:-)

5 posters

Whining Parents

Admin
    Admin

Whining Parents Empty Whining Parents

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 am

I've decided that parents themselves are the worst advertisements for
    parenthood.

At work I am bombarded with hard luck stories about how hard it is. I'm not
    talking about the occasional bitchfest, which we all need. I mean people who
    weren't thrilled with the idea to begin with, yet they MUST have a child, and
    they keep having them even though they appear to be miserable. I also don't get
    the whining, considering raising a child has never been easier, at least in
    terms of sheer labor and perks. I'm not talking about the pressure to keep up
    with the Joneses or to be the Perfect Mommy who gives a kid the Perfect
    Childhood, because these idiocies are self-inflicted.

The tax breaks, the perks, the parental leave, the labor-saving devices have
    never been more prevalent. My mom worked, and she and Dad shared one car between
    them, when seatbelts and child seats hadn't been invented yet. They had no
    Diaper Genie, no dishwasher, no Lunchables, no disposable diapers, no microwave.
    Yet my mom still had a life. She had friends; she and my dad had cocktail
    parties where children were not allowed, and I lived through it with my
    self-esteem intact. She was still an incredible and interesting person despite
    having kids.

However … if you call one of these parental whiners on it, i.e. ask them why
    they had kids if they are so miserable, the claws come out! You will get blasted
    into oblivion. "Oh, but you have to do it. It's what life is about. We wouldn't
    live any other way." I browsed the TTC thread on TPF. Yikes. And they think
    WE are the selfish ones.

Hah.

I want no part of their drama.

Sharona
    Admin
    Admin

Whining Parents Empty Re: Whining Parents

I dont have to look that far for it in my life, my parents are the best example
    of people who shouldnt have kids, to be honest. And my SO who yes, loves his
    child, but any sort of looking after his kid that is related to actually making
    an effort, time or money investment is out of question, because daddy is either
    tired or forgetful or it doesnt work with the schedule...WTF? I wanted to ask
    him so many times : why did you even bother having a kid, planting him in front
    of tv with a nintendo in one hand and joystick in the other is NOT a solution!
    Why do you have money on your computer parts but not for a proper holiday with
    him? Aaaargh. it just boggles my mind.

People have kids for so many wrong and egoistic reasons that I would break my
    keyboard down if I had to write them all here *sigh* How wrong is that?

Natalia
    Admin
    Admin

> I dont have to look that far for it in my life, my parents are the best
    example of
    > people who shouldnt have kids, to be honest.

OMG same here! I thought it would be better when we got older, but now that
    we are adults, my parents act like we should be doing everything for them.
    My mother has a serious diva 'tude. One of my sisters said the other night,
    "It's like mom and dad don't realize they had children. They think they had
    a staff."

Doreen
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 am

Admin wrote:> I dont have to look that far for it in my life, my parents are the best
    example of
    > people who shouldnt have kids, to be honest.

OMG same here! I thought it would be better when we got older, but now that
    we are adults, my parents act like we should be doing everything for them.
    My mother has a serious diva 'tude. One of my sisters said the other night,
    "It's like mom and dad don't realize they had children. They think they had
    a staff."

Doreen

How nice of them Rolling Eyes My father on the other hand treated my mum as his staff as well, and my mother didnt have enough backbone ( well, no backbone at all) to put stop to this. Honestly, at 14 I was independent and adult than she was.
    Grace123
    Grace123

Post  Grace123 Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:52 am

During my entire working life, it was assumed, no, EXPECTED, that I would pick up any slack created by employees with kids, when they had a function to attend, a ballgame, a sick kid, whatever, simply because I had no kids. No one cared that I actually HAD a life or bothered to ask me, they just assumed I sat home during my free time and did nothing.

This is one of my biggest resentments against the breeders, it's ALL about them always. To me, it does NOT "Take a Village.!" You had em, you care for them and leave me alone! Evil or Very Mad
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:15 am

Grace123 wrote:During my entire working life, it was assumed, no, EXPECTED, that I would pick up any slack created by employees with kids, when they had a function to attend, a ballgame, a sick kid, whatever, simply because I had no kids. No one cared that I actually HAD a life or bothered to ask me, they just assumed I sat home during my free time and did nothing.

This is one of my biggest resentments against the breeders, it's ALL about them always. To me, it does NOT "Take a Village.!" You had em, you care for them and leave me alone! Evil or Very Mad

Exactly ! bounce You made your bed, you sleep in it!
    lmkhlh
    lmkhlh

Post  lmkhlh Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:13 am

That happened to me at my old work all the time, I can't tell you how many extra hours I got stuck working because my boss's kid was sick. I'm really lucky now and my current boss doesn't plan on having kids.
    renie
    renie

Post  renie Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:20 am

This is one perk of my job - I work in IT and no one in our group has kids. We have one woman who adopted her sister's kids and makes it a point that she never wanted them (which has in turn screwed up the kids lives - I know b/c her daughter worked in another department a year or so ago and spills everything) and we have 2 other couples who are choosing not to have children! They are really lovely couples and atleast one of them we're enjoying our free time with.

No one at my job asks if DH and I are having children - it is great!!
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:54 pm

lucky you, renie!

I must say though, in my current job everyone is very open minded and even if some of them were a bit shocked when I got Essure, they were only supportive ( in Denmark you give details like that about yourself to coworkers). One of few good things in this country pffft, people dont criticize and scrutinize that much.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm