NKOHK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our safe corner:-)

5 posters

My friend, the one I talked about in the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore

boomie
    boomie

My friend, the one I talked about in the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore Empty My friend, the one I talked about in the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore

Post  boomie Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:28 pm

I said it. Out loud. Felt great! I know better now than to post something like this *over there* but it had to be said. Her Facebook updates, daily, are about 3 things only:

the baby's jaundice level
    the baby's weight
    how tired she is

I've had enough. I feel bad for her. I sent her a message asking how she's doing. No reply. She is wrapped up in a world that bores the tears out of me. She has her kid, I have school. We're just too different.

Everyone fawning over her and the kid on her Facebook make me puke. What can I do for you? What can I bring you? I want to visit...blah blah. She's not an invalid for having just had a baby!

I dread the inevitable day she comes down to visit her faimly around here and our buddies have a get together...so they can oooh and ahh over the baby. I don't think I'll go.

Rant over.
    lily25
    lily25

My friend, the one I talked about in the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore Empty Re: My friend, the one I talked about in the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore

Post  lily25 Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:19 am

I feel for you... I have to warn you , your friend is on a path with no return, you will never be able to have a normal talk again. She will be preoccupied with kiddy stuff, diapers, strollers, preschool, playdates, parties and so on... I can't talk to my best friend without listening about how talented her daughter is (and she is not, in fact she is 7 years old and can't speak clearly, and acts like a baby) and every little detail about her life with a kid.

Try to find friends that you have more things in common. I know It's hard, especially when everyone's dream is having kids, but there are a few ppl like us out there.
    Grace123
    Grace123

My friend, the one I talked about in the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore Empty Re: My friend, the one I talked about in the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore

Post  Grace123 Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:24 am

This is a sad fact; your friend as you knew here, is gone. Unless you now want to throw yourself completely into HER world, and this means baby, baby, baby, all the time. She will no longer care or even ask about you or your life. Since you don't have kids, you don't HAVE a life, in her eyes. Every time you talk, or get together, it will always be about the baby and that baby will BE there too, with you guys all the time. No more quiet lunches or a drink out or even dinner now. The baby will be with you guys!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I no longer communicate with any friend I've had that went the baby route. Oh I tried to keep our friendship going but if I wasn't willing to be a baby whore, I was out. Yes, I was selfish..sometimes I wanted to talk about my own life and get their opinions on guys, jobs, etc, but that was no longer a possibility.

You're fighting a losing battle here, and while you may miss your friend, I honestly have to say unless you're willing to be all baby, all the time, you should start thinking about making friends who are still baby free.

Sorry, sweetie. Crying or Very sad
    boomie
    boomie

Post  boomie Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:46 am

Thankfully, I hardly see her since she lives 3 hours away, but she's one of my oldest friends...we go waaay back. In one update on her Facebook, she mentioned she could have visitors as long as they don't "GET IN HIS FACE." All caps. like that. Um, ok...I don't even want to go near him, thanks. I mean, I'm glad she's protective, but geez.

But, I don't find babies interesting at all. Not in the least. It'd be like me, a dog lover, telling an animal hater about something cute my dog did.

I tried to email her about something non-baby related, and nothing, so unless I fake interest in the baby, I won't be hearing from her.

Thank you for being so understanding. I learned my lesson about pouring my heart out over there!
    lily25
    lily25

Post  lily25 Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:25 am

You can tell her to meet for drinks in a bar like regular grown ups do. See what she says... I bet she will start the baby non sense, and try to create this impossible thing that her husband can't handle the baby (it's a lie), she can't find a babysitter (lie again), her baby is in critical condition (hiccups) (lie) and needs his mother 24/7. LIE.

Most of all I pity the babies. They have to live with these ppl.

By the way the don't "GET IN HIS FACE." warning is your way out. Hahahaa, you can tell her and your common friends that you can't help yourself, you just have to rub noses with the baby, therefore you can't visit. What a Face
    lily25
    lily25

Post  lily25 Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:04 pm

the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore

hahahaaa now it is more boring then ever, swanky is talking about baby showers!!! Pathetic...
    boomie
    boomie

Post  boomie Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:11 pm

LOL...I noticed that Smile I hate baby showers!!! Whenever I see someone with a kid in their avatar in that thread I freeze. I'm not going near that again!
    Sharona
    Sharona

Post  Sharona Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:48 am

lily25 wrote:
    the heated NKOHK thread has turned into a huge bore

hahahaaa now it is more boring then ever, swanky is talking about baby showers!!! Pathetic...

Again, as always, the lone childfree thread gets hijacked for some pissant conversation about baybee showers. Once again, when it comes to childed vs. non-childed, the childed take over. Sigh.
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 pm

I have been meaning to just start a new thread called "Friends" with kids! affraid

I am in quite a similar situation, I lost my best friend ( since we were 12) to her pregnancy and baby and next pregnancy and next baby. Maybe it was my fault, but I didnt want to put up with her never having time for me except for when it suited her, ignoring me for months and then being surprised when I didnt want to talk to her about my life. It was a wake up call for her, because she thought that I would always be at her beck and call as it used to be, but no way in hell, no more. She wrote to me after a while - and what did she write mostly about? - her baby ! and send the pictures ! oh wow. and that after accusing me that I valued my godson more than her cos I would always make sure that I spend some time with him when I would come and visit my old city. She also wrote that she was getting married ( to a guy that was offering her an affair when he was still married to another woman by the way...wtg) and she wants me to be at this wedding because I was there for her when this relationship started and so on. That almost melted me but then i thought - if I was getting married to my SO I wouldnt be able to say something like that to her because she didnt have a clue about him and what was going in my life for more than a year...

Its coming back to me as I am going to a school reunion in September and she will most likely be there. Im dreading it a bit...
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:42 pm

I have more stories!

Last week, my SO rescheduled our plans together because it turned out his best friend had managed to squeeze out an evening free on that day to see him. I wasnt very happy, but I said fine. I asked my So though, since I didnt understand it - the guy doesnt work and studies at the moment and his wife looks after the kids and the house, shouldnt he be adjusting his plans to our schedule?

My SO told me that his wife went completely bonkers after they had the kids. They do not have a life of their own anymore, she thinks that leaving kids for an evening with grandparents when they go for a nice meal is abandoning them!!! Their relationship is over as such, she is not a woman anymore, just mother.

Guess what ? The friend cancelled last minute anyway since it turned out he forgot it was his kids birthday this day.... affraid
    boomie
    boomie

Post  boomie Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:27 pm

I hear ya...everything revolves around the kids. How aggravating! I'm sure they can have ONE night of freedom. What a drag! Isn't it sad how much things change in a friendship? I honestly had no idea it'd be like this. It's their new obsession, and we get left by the wayside...until they need something.

The latest posts on my friend's Facebook have been the same...I'm tired, I want "me" time, the baby is fussy...and on and on. All about the kid. Ugh.
    lily25
    lily25

Post  lily25 Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:51 pm

^ Huh! she is tired,, she wants "me time, how about a condom?
    boomie
    boomie

Post  boomie Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Lol...right?
    Natalia
    Natalia

Post  Natalia Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:48 pm

lily25 wrote:^ Huh! she is tired,, she wants "me time, how about a condom?

Hahahahahaha rabbit

how are you doing hun?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 pm